HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. - Sears is bringing paint back to its stores with offerings for every use and every price point - providing convenience to its members, and making it the one-stop-shop for weekend warriors. The retailer is bringing trusted brands to the paint aisles - including Craftsman, Weatherbeater and Easy Living.
Paint offerings will be available in Sears home improvement sections, along with paint accessories, including everything needed to get the job done. Sears is dedicated to having a trained sales team in all paint stores to assist customers in finding the best product for their project.
Sears will be reintroducing paint in 23 stores across the country before rolling the offering out to all of its retail locations. Test markets include: Albany, N.Y., Glen Burnie, Md., Oak Brook, Ill., Aurora, Ill., Des Moines, Iowa, Westland, Mich., Sterling Heights, Mich., Novi, Mich., Livonia, Mich., Saginaw, Mich., Flint, Mich., Muncie, Ind., Altoona, Pa., Lansing, Mich., Louisville, Ky., Whitehall, Pa., Wilmington, Del., Moorestown, N.J., Pittsburgh, Pa., Greensburg, Pa., Waldorf, Md., St. Clairsville, Ohio. and Niles, Ohio.
"After stepping away from the paint business in 2012, we are seeing the demand from our customers to bring it back. With updated paint mixing technology, and by enlisting dedicated and trained associates, we are confident the time is right to re-enter the category and fill a need for our members," said Dean Schwartz, vice president of Tools, Lawn and Garden at Sears.
"This is an exciting moment as the Craftsman brand is entering the paint category for the first time. Earlier this year, our other flagship brands Kenmore and DieHard entered new categories with TVs and tires, respectively. The addition of paint as a Craftsman category is a testament to the strength of these brands as they continue to play a role in the fabric of the American lifestyle," said Tom Park, president of Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard brands.
- The Craftsman brand has been a trusted name in tools for nearly 90 years, and is now expanding its product offering by entering the paint category. Featuring canned enamels and rust preventative aerosols, Craftsman paint is perfect for use directly on metal, porches, garage floors, etc.
- Price range: $5.99 - $32.99
- An exterior paint brand featuring fade, mold and mildew resistant properties, Weatherbeater is a trusted brand with a strong following of loyalists at Sears. Offered in more than 1,200 colors, it's intended for use on front doors, siding, trim and shutters.
- Price range: $13.99 - $33.99
- Intended for interior application, Easy Living paint comes in over 1,200 colors, and offers one coat coverage for quick and easy paint jobs. Perfect for busy households, Easy Living is washable, mold and mildew resistant, and offers ultra-cover stain blocker.
- Price range: $2.49 - $28.99